Feb 8, 2018

KonMari Project, Round 3, in English

Hi everybody,

I've been gone from my blog for a long time. That is mainly because I have not had an idea on what to write. My life has been fairly organized after discovering first KonMari and then Bullet Journal. So I have not had the need to clarify my thoughts or my nooks and grannies by blogging about them.

Now I have decided to reach for the KonMari Consultant certificate and that is why I am back. The first steps in the process are reading the books of course but also completing the KonMari Method in my own home and provide pictures about it. I decided to use my blog as a template to report those pictures and also to keep a journal on my progress.

Of course I have that kind of pictures already here in my blog. However, they are not from this house. I want to make sure my current state of earthly possessions is presentable and sparks joy for me.

I chose English and only English to be my language from now on because, if I become a consultant, my first clients will be speaking English. And it is not inspiring to write the same text both in Finnish and English as I tried to do earlier.

I do not know when I will be attending the KonMari seminar which is the first big step of becoming a consultant. But I know for sure it is not this spring or summer. So I will have plenty of time to do the round 3 before that. I also assume that it is not going to take as much time as the previous rounds since I know what I am doing and there is way less things to work through.

The first thing to do when starting the KonMari project is to visualize the desired outcome. What I want to do in my house when it is tidy? How do I want to live my life after finishing the tidying process? How does my house look like then? And so on. So today I am going to find answers to these questions.

***

I love plenty of free floor space. I also love when fresh air and light can freely float in to the house. I love white surfaces with playful details in color. I find joy in empty drawers as well as cute boxes with precious things in them.

In my house I want to read, play games and music as well as discuss with my family. I want the kids to have plenty of space for moving and playing at home. I wish the toys to be beautiful, inspiring and durable so that I can enjoy seeing my kids play with them.

I want to cook in my tidy kitchen where I have only the necessary items and clean surfaces. I cook healthy food and stay on top of my food reserves at all times. I want to provide healthy and delicious food for my family.

I also want us to spend time outside. So leaving the house with all the necessary belongings should be easy and delightful. I want us to spend time also outside on our own yard, enjoying our own home outside.

Getting ready for the day and having a good night sleep happen both in the bedroom I share with my husband. That is also the room that is the closest of being my own space. There I want to have only my dearest belongings that help me rest and recreate. Fresh air and light is especially important in this space.

I also want to be creative in my house. I love knitting and crocheting. I would like to take up sewing and reading again as my hobbies. I also love bullet journaling. Would it be possible for me to establish a place in the house for all of these interests of mine?

***

That is all for today. I maybe come back later on to add or finetune the vision. I have to say that most of these things are already on their way as I am already relating to my belongings the way KonMari has inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment